Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Queen of Grunge

Yes, this is me, I answer to the Queen of Grunge.  Made with some of my favorite Mustard Moon paper and of course all the junque; stamping, cracked embossing powder, brads extra office supplies, extra sewing supplies, paint, game pieces, stitching, tags, sewing, chalk, , and I am partial to upside down letters and numbers... ok maybe I went a little overboard on this page.  But I love grunge, it makes me so happy!  I even used a blurry picture

Journaling: (Why I like grunge AND also describes what Scrapbooking means to me)
When it comes to my personal life, I guess I dislike grunge since it means dirt of filth.  And when it comes to music, grunge bands sing about apathy or dissatisfaction.  I abhor all of these things, but when it comes to scrapbooking, "Ahhhh!" It just makes me happy! Nothing is more satisfying than really grunging up a page, chalk, ink, metal, hardware, rips wrinkles, sandpaper, paint, a little bit of this, a tidbit of that; antique things, one of a kind things, something unique, something unexpected, heck, even trash. Sounds odd i know, but I feel so fulfilled when I finish a layout with one or more of these elements on it.  Sometimes I envy those who have a clean uncluttered style.  I always learn from them and occasionally try my hand at it.  But in the end I can't get away from that worn, aged found it on the street style.

More journaling: (in pocket behind above journaling)
I love finding out stories and tidbits about my grandparents and other ancestors.  It makes them human.  Even though I knew my grandparents well (I was married with kids before they passed away) it is still fun to find out that when they were young they used to sneak out of the house to meet friends, or they they thought that their parents didn't understand them.  How I would love to have pictures of the friends they met, or an actual journal entry about how they felt misunderstood. There is a connection to the past and a link to the future when one journals, scrapooks, takes part in genealogy or documents something noteworthy for future generations.  It is a strange phenomenon really... but I hope that within the pages of my scrapbook the scripture in Malachi Chapter 4 verse 6 will be, at least partially, fulfilled.  And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children and the heart of the children to their fathers...

No comments: