Friday, December 19, 2008

Confessions of a Jacket Junkie

I used bleach on a rubber stamp on the photo and the paper to make an interesting effect.

I don't know, maybe it's the snaps, the zippers, the rivets, buttons, zipper pulls, great textures, or the tneed I have for layering or the fact they cover a multitude of unsightly bulges, but whatever the reason I LOVE JACKETS!!! I've been known to buy 3 jackets on the same day. I've been known to solicit the help of friends and family to keep me from buying a jacket when we venture into a store.

Every year I try to cut back.  I start off by donating 2-3 jackets to charity.  But at the first hint of fall fashions hitting the stores 3-4 seem to automatically jump back into my closet

I don't usually intend on buying a jacket when I go shopping.  But it all goes out the window (or should I say the door) when I find the cutest jacket, in the best color at a great price.

Some of my favorite places to shop for jackets?  TJ Maxx, The Gap, American Eagle, and Costco.  As you can tell, a great jacket does not need to be pricy.  In fact 2 of my very favorite jackets cost under $7, a price like that only makes the attraction sweeter.

There are probably those who feel I need a 12-step program to help me overcome my addiction.  But I, at least for now, don't see it as a problem.  It's just something I do to treat myself nice.  And I deserve it.

At last count:
1 camo
6 denim
3 leather
1 rain
5 corduroy
3 ponchos
3 with fake fur
2 fleece
4 sweatshirts
1 velvet
1 beach pullover
2 plaid
2 super bargains
3 paid way too much



No comments: