Saturday, December 6, 2008

My Valentine

I used Shakespeare's 16th sonnet for part of this journaling.  I got a love of it from Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility.  It just seemed fitting here.

Journaling: 
Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments.  Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove;
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the start every wandering bark
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
but bears it out even to the edge of doom

If this be error and upon me proved,
If never writ, nor no man ever loved.

More journaling: (on tag behind large photo)
What do you get when you cross 2 people that are stubborn, opinionated, over-worked and often under-appreciated?  You get Brad and I and often fireworks.  Described like this our marriage doesn't sound particularly fun and, I won't lie, sometimes it's not.  But like in Shakespeare's 16th sonnet my love for Brad is my "ever fixed mark, that looks on tempest and is never shaken."

Sometimes when we are at odds I feel like we are reading a bad script for a play. We play our parts well, but I often don't feel like myself - jut an actress playing the part of someone with a very bad attitude.  I anger myself sometimes that I can't just throw the whole script out the window, or burn it in the fireplace, never to be read from again.

But in the end I am thankful for our love, that emotional lighthouse, which stands steady through the storms of everyday life.

No comments: