What I Learned This Summer
1. Money burns holes in pockets.
2. Combining resources can help you get what you want.
3. Older sisters are very persuasive.
4. Spending your own money on something makes if funner
5. Things never last as long as you want them to.
Kelsi, Afton and Brady had been earning money in the summer by reading books. They received 25 cents per book. After a few weeks the money was burning holes in their pockets, but none of them had enough to buy anything very substantial. Kelsi was dying to have a Slip n' Slide but was miles away from having enough fo it. Fairly easily, she persuaded Afton and Brady that they wanted one too; and that they should pool their money and buy on together. They bought the super deluxe model, "The Tropical Limbo." It came complete with blow up palm trees and a 'bamboo' limbo bar. Spending their own money on it made it all the more fun to use. It cost $20 and it was money well spent. They had a blast with it until, alas, it sprung a leak.